Senior Evaluation Consultant – Transport and Infrastructure
Do you want to work at the cutting edge of public policy and make a social impact with the research you are conducting?
This world-renowned agency and team works with public institutions to provide robust evidence on the effectiveness of public policies and programmes and provides recommendations to help set policy priorities and strengthen delivery. This team of multi-disciplinary evaluation specialists, economists and social policy researchers work across all areas of public policy.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant with Evaluation experience to join a team working with clients and managing inputs from evaluation and research project teams. You will work and contribute to process, impact and economic evaluations of varying sizes and for a range of clients, including the Department for Transport and the Department for Digital and many more Government departments plus private bodies and organisations. These projects will assess a broad range of different programmes and government interventions in relation to travel, topics such as congestion, productivity, economic growth, jobs, and social outcomes such as leisure time, wellbeing and loneliness and many more.
What’s the opportunity?
You will be involved in working on some cutting edge evaluation and research strands within larger projects and smaller projects which have strong evaluation and economic components. You will also have the opportunity to increase this company’s profile and impact on transport, infrastructure and economic policy and social change in the UK by writing articles, attending events and engaging in social media.
What will I be doing…?
* Overseeing primary data collection, including in-depth interviews and survey design / set-up.
* Drafting accessible and concise reporting outputs of evaluation and research findings.
* Presentation of results to clients and stakeholders.
* Leading and contributing to evaluation proposals as part of a wider team.
* Line management of junior staff
You should have some of the following:
* Proven experience delivering evaluation or advisory projects in a commercial environment
* Knowledge of both the application of specific qualitative and quantitative evaluation techniques, such as theory based evaluation, realist approaches, cost-benefit analysis, experimental and quasi-experimental impact evaluation methods (RCTs, matching methods).
* You will also play a role in business development, helping to grow the evaluation work stream while supporting the team and wider management of the business, at this level you will learn from others and help grow the business
What’s in it for me?
A chance to work on exciting evaluation projects across a range of diverse areas, utilising human behaviour and insight to make strategic decisions with your clients.
This is a growing business and your career will grow in line with the business, we need you to be ambitious, driven and passionate about delivering a strong service.
Salary & Benefits:
This agency has an amazing and continually evolving people strategy so in this agency you will be challenged, given the opportunity to grow and develop. Entrepreneurial in spirit and collaborative in nature, you will have the opportunity learn from a diverse team of researchers, economists, evaluators and wider external thought leaders.
Contact: Abi Blank
Hasson Associates welcomes applications from everyone. Together we are committed to creating a genuinely inclusive and diverse workplace, ensuring people with a disability, neurodiversity, impairment, mental or physical health conditions can access and progress in employment. Your CV will be considered purely based on the potential that you’ll bring to the role. Please let us know if there are any adjustments needed to make your interview/screening process as seamless and comfortable as possible.
Established in 2008, we are one of the UK’s most successful and independent recruitment consultancies with industry recognition, becoming the first choice for permanent and interim Market Research and Insight recruitment for agency and client-side companies. Hasson Associates comprises seven dedicated experts with comprehensive knowledge, experience, and networks within market research, insight, and analysis. Providing a bespoke service to both clients and candidates, we pride ourselves on being a unique boutique consultancy focusing on service and delivery rather than volume.