Fall in love with freelancing!
It’s that time of year again!
The shops are covered in love hearts and roses. Men are in a frantic panic to make those last minute plans and/or get bouquets organised, and the ladies are getting ready to go social media crazy with photos of special treats from their significant others: #luckiestgirl #boyfriend, or lack of one: #singlelife #aloneforever!
Why not use these heart-shaped festive times to your advantage and let yourself fall in love with freelancing! (See what I did there…)
Now is a great time to dive head first into a new career path and take control of what you want to do!
After opening up the temp/contract desk here at Hasson Associates, I have had a chance to meet some really interesting and friendly candidates. After asking a lot of them why they enjoy working from project to project here’s a short list of why people LOVE freelancing (Did it again!):
- You get to be your own boss.
- You can work as much or as little as you want – you can work a 15 hour week or an 80 hour week (how crazy do you want to be?).
- You generally have the option of flexible/remote working (who doesn’t love having a Skype meeting in their pyjamas?).
- You decide what projects you work on and can decide on how niche or how broad you would like to expand your offering.
- Working with different people all the time means you never stop learning.
- The chance to develop an impressive portfolio of clients and projects with no commitment to the one company.
- You are in charge of your own finances and can decide how much you want to earn and what you have to do to earn that amount.
- Travel opportunities – open your horizons to potential contracts everywhere!
- You have the luxury of working autonomously if you want or you can take on more collaborative opportunities if you prefer.
- Work-Life Balance – what-ever that means to you!
Don’t get me wrong, freelancing isn’t for everyone. Some people don’t enjoy the responsibility that comes with this freedom. Being in charge of one’s own finances can be daunting for some, as can the lack of knowing what is around the corner!
If all of the above excites you and you are up for your next big step, then why not give it a shot. You never know freelancing might become the love of your life this Valentines day (Ha!).